The little ones needed to go to sleep (Baby Twinkle nodded off in the baby carrier). And Lizzie’s wee one was going to go to bed as soon as we came in. Well, that was the Mummies’ plan. The babies disagreed entirely and Twinkle woke up as soon as I took her out of the pouch and Lizzie’s babe never even tried to sleep!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
mother nature does it again
We had such a lovely, unplanned and unexpectedly wonderful day. Our very special friends Lizzie, M & J came to visit us in the bush. Lizzie and I walked a terribly windy road to our babies but were so lucky to have had each other through it all. Somehow in spite of our wildly different journeys (but equally difficult) it ended up that our babies are only 4 ½ months apart in age. Amazing.
It’s always so relaxing to spend time with Lizzie. We took all four children down to the dam and the big guys had a ball with the water and the mud and were planning all sorts of adventures down there. Such fun.

The sky was what I call ‘Arizona Blue’ – Magic. My grandfather (Hi Davidad/Grandaddy) lives in Arizona and the sky there is indescribably blue. I think the only way you would ever understand how blue it is, is to go and see it for yourself. I think yesterday’s sky here came as close as I’ve seen.

There is so much to look at around the dam and some old weathered and sun bleached corrals and fence posts that were begging to be photographed before they completely disintegrate.
little explorers



The little ones needed to go to sleep (Baby Twinkle nodded off in the baby carrier). And Lizzie’s wee one was going to go to bed as soon as we came in. Well, that was the Mummies’ plan. The babies disagreed entirely and Twinkle woke up as soon as I took her out of the pouch and Lizzie’s babe never even tried to sleep!
And then Mother nature gave us another glorious morning - this morning. Chill, still and every bit as beautiful as yesterday. Thick fog blanketed the valley this morning and even now sits heavily. The sun is desperately trying to clear it aside and we’re heading for another lovely Autumn day. Or are we in winter now?
The little ones needed to go to sleep (Baby Twinkle nodded off in the baby carrier). And Lizzie’s wee one was going to go to bed as soon as we came in. Well, that was the Mummies’ plan. The babies disagreed entirely and Twinkle woke up as soon as I took her out of the pouch and Lizzie’s babe never even tried to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, another fantastic day out in the bush! It is so nice to see baby Yeong Joon (he is gorgeous Lizzie). It would be so nice to get all our babies together some time.
Looks like the older boys had a blast and the little babies look so safe and secure in their ergos. I'm jealous of your perfect day!!!
Love Robyn
I know you've had a fantastic holiday at Yarrambat but I'm ready for you to come home now!! I miss you and my nefoo and neece! F x
Post a Comment