So this Christmas, as many before, came and went too, too quickly. I feel like I practically blinked and it was gone. Life became so busy in the lead up to Christmas with all the normal prep and then throwing in a series of Christmas craft markets too! Fun and fast! Of course that left no time for this little space sadly, which is I'm doing the Christmas wrap up now :)
This year in a bid to be more organised I set up a wrapping station on a sideboard next to the tree, which made it so much easier to handle the mountains of presents that needed to be packaged up and placed temptingly under the tree. I loved having ready access to all the ribbons, tapes, tags and tools. So efficient, which was crucial given my crazy schedule in the lead up to the end of the year.
I have to confess though (especially as my Mum actually knows the truth) that although the wrapping tray looks lovely the rest of the house was completely upside-down!
There was sewing on the machine, packaging all over the kitchen bench, products were hanging on clothes racks drying, the dining table was totally covered! Even I was covered, in threads, and nearly left the house to collect Tigs with my tiny scissors or a tape measure around my neck on more than one occasion. Just keeping it real here, but not real enough to actually show you the creative chaos!
We celebrated on the 24th with Greg's family and on the 25th with my family and some of Greg's. And topped of at my Mum's for Boxing Day. All three days were lovely and really captured what I love about Christmas. Children, family fun and togetherness .
And now it 's over for another year. Time to tuck all the ornaments back into their tissue blankets and away in the trunk. I did it today and the house feels a little bare, plain and still but at the same time calm, clear and fresh again, ready for the new year to unfold and reveal itself.
E x
1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas to me and your tree looked super. Happy New Year to"y'all". xx
Post a Comment