It's Carly's photo friday challenge.
This week's theme is 'blurry/oof' (out of focus).
This
photo of little Woo was taken some time ago, but I love it and was
waiting for a chance to use it. Now seems perfect! It was while we were away at our friend's farm (which happens to be around the corner from my sister's
new farm - much to our excitement).
We
took the children for a lovely walk and as you can clearly (sorry, blurrily)
see it had been raining. The muddy puddles were full to the brim.
Three out of four children stepped in the puddles right up to their
middles - and ultimately lay down in them to get fully soaked!! They stomped
and splashed and splattered all over the place, squealing with delight.
The fourth, you may have
guessed was Tigs, who laughed like billy-o and remained pristine, and
more importantly warm. As you can imagine the smiles on three faces were somewhat less visible, although they did remain remarkably chipper, as they trudged back up the hill, sodden, cold and very, very dirty.
And
so as I stood with Tigs on the grassy verge shooting this image, I
roared with laughter, my darling friend Lizzie, lay curled on the
verge beside me head in hands, hysterical at the sheer madness of it all and with joy at the
fun our children had. There was absolutely no chance of stopping them once they started.
Note: I missed the cut-off for last week's photo friday challenge but I still managed to get around to blogging it (in the previous post) if you're interested. I also realise that, technically, I've probably goofed the game up but hey-ho, I just had to share the whole story.
Thanks for visiting,
E x
3 comments:
OMG... they must have had so much fun! Your photo captures this moment perfectly :)
I love your story! That photo makes me wonder if you ever got the mud out of that lovely pale pink jacket, LOL! Great photo, really captures the moment.
Perfection ! Loved the photos and loved the story xx
Post a Comment