...it's been a while.
We've been away skiing and I'm only just on top of the laundry.
We had a super time with wonderful friends and picture perfect weather - sun, blue skies, warmth and a gentle alpine breeze - enough to remind you of where you are but not enough to be a bother.
It was the perfect introduction to the snow for our friends who came away with us. Last year it was just us the four of us and whilst we had a lovely week Tigs became a little lonely.
This year he had his soul mate with him. These two are utterly simpatico and it was a joy to see them together, enjoying each other's company, caring for each other, sharing the same interests, and even the same bed for one night.
Woo didn't seem to mind as she had two Mummies to look after her every whim and Tigs occasionally included her in the boys' games. She even followed them into ski-school, which I allowed, dreaming of a hot chocolate and some adult chat - minus children's incessant interjections, only to have to remove her within the hour when she decided that she'd had enough. See the colour of her suit up there? That was the colour of her face by the time I got back to her... Oh well we can try again another time. I'm pretty confident that next time she'll be on skis, enjoying the snow.
Tiggy picked up where he left off last and was off like a rocket. Fearless, feisty (watch out if you're in his way) and fast! Boy did he move - hence the fuzzy picture (actually it may have been my shaky hand watching him speed downhill) . I know most 6 year olds sometimes disobey their parents, but when it came to the snow he just could, not, obey, it seemed. He just couldn't contain the urge to move, fast, downhill. I don't blame him, it's an exhilarating feeling for sure. I would love to have skied with him but alas with my leg, I just won't be able to now or at all.
We can't wait to go back again.
1 comment:
Great photos Emma. Tiggy looks so proficient & it sounds as though you all had a great time even if you could not ski. Hope your leg is improving xx
Post a Comment