Thursday, February 3, 2011

grade 1


That was then - 2010.



And this is now - 2011! What a difference a year makes - most noticeable the length of the shorts!

The day began promisingly. The task charts that Tigs and I had created worked faultlessly and 50c has been duly logged at the bottom of the chart. Pay day will be on Friday night I imagine. Tigs was ready in no time and all tasks were completed without having to ask. Now that's my definition of success.




We were loaded in the car in plenty of time and arrived with time to casually stroll up to the new classroom. As we entered the lobby the cool kid who'd been several paces ahead suddenly jacked-up and reverted to my baby boy, leaning against me and looking decidedly anxious as we made our way through an absolute sea of parents and children from 6 classrooms. I kept hold of the calm and assertive energy I'd stocked up on and lead the way to the door.

His new teachers were so kind to us both as Tigs completely fell apart. Sore tummy shifted to sore throat (followed this morning by a sore knee). We were going so well. Poor little boy. And I'd deliberately tried to make the previous couple of days low-key, and even boring, so that school seemed like a better option. Eventually I made it out and I'm assured that within minutes he'd settled.



It was certainly a much happier face that greeted me at the end of the day. I'm optimistic that it will continue to improve, but only time will tell. That beautiful boy just loves being home and really loves his mummy. The feeling's definitely mutual. Any tips?

1 comment:

Tena Walton said...

Wonderful post Emma xx