Thursday, July 16, 2009

hollywood children's farm

Collingwood Children's Farm or 'Hollywood' Children's Farm as a little girl I used to teach called it!

We met up with our friend's who are posted in Dubai at the moment. It's 48C there right now, so a chilly, but gloriously sunny day, was the perfect change for them.




Kylie all rugged up.


How could anyone eat them? Honestly. Having said that I have a pot of beef casserole on the stove for the meateaters here and am making myself some Tourta, courtesy of my friend Lisa.

Joshy and Tigs and hungry Nanny Goats

The boys had a wonderful time feeding all the animals. They, the animals, that is, are so used to all the children and are also incredibly greedy. There was a great balance to their relationship, the children fed them and the animals succumbed to the patting.

more boys and more goats

Oh, it's just so lovely there. You're a mere blink from the city and yet it's so tranquil and rural. It's the most wonderful place for the children to go and enjoy 'farm' life and for the adults to gulp in the country ambience.


Cockadoodledoo! Isn't the red spectacular? You can even buy the chickens (for $5) if they have some babies available. Kylie's husband Alex, ever the joker, was overheard asking how much chooks were at Coles, "Because 5 bucks seems like pretty good value!". Ha Ha Alex.


Even the usually grumpy geese rested quietly and preened, a sure sign that these
Goosey-goosey's have little to worry about - if you know what I mean.


We had a yummy organic lunch in the cafe overlooking fields and fowl!

I do hope this dear little piggy is not going to market. Look at those beautiful lashes s/he was so inquisitive and brave. S/he has 5 brothers and sisters, their big, exhausted mummy Maisy lay wallowing as her one month old babies jumped around her and skittered through the mud. They are so cheeky and adorable.

A closer look at those lashes. I want them! Actually I'd keep the whole piggy if she wasn't going to get so enormous. I've a long held dream to have a mini-pig as a pet. They are SO clever, prefer to be clean and George Clooney had one! They make puppies, even very smart ones, seem a little daft. I'm told that the brightest of pups will learn up to 50 commands, that'd be Spice, but a pig can learn 200 without so much as an 'oink'!


Tiggy making friends

Dear 'Ony Rosey.
Animals make her a little nervous but eventually she made friends with some of them too. Isn't she gorgeous?

No comments: