Friday, July 17, 2009

phew, they're done ...

but what a mess!


We are celebrating Twinkle's (aka Woo, Woosie, Noo noo, and many others) first birthday soon, too soon actually. I can hardly believe that she's almost one. She's still so little though, no teeth, little hair, not yet walking.


Labour saving strategies. I messed around for too long with the little holes and stiff, but not stiff enough, ribbon. Eventually I threaded a paperclip on to the end of the ribbon and got a great pile done at once.

I applied the same thought to the mounting board and ran miles of double sided tape along the tops at once and then separated them. Again, I'd used too much time by doing one at a time.

I have had all the invitation guff for a week now and have fiddled and diddled around until today when Woo had an almighty sleep, after a very, very, very restless night. You should see me typing this, I'm more on delete than typing forward ! So, I really got going with them and I think they've come together quite nicely.


I knew that I wanted a red and white theme, and although I wanted chinese references I also wanted it to be in keeping with my own style. I found the perfect paper, simple, pretty and a hint of Chinese with the lucky ladybird. It was as if I had it commissioned. I'm so pleased.


I've never been a scrapbooker so I've never learned all the scrappy terms and techniques so I always feel a bit daft when I go in asking for 'tiny little document clippy things' am usually received with blank stares and then as I keep desperately explaning what I'm after the glazed expressions suddenly register, "Oh you mean brads". "Yes, yes, them!" I say, hoping to goodness that they are indeed what I'm after. Bingo! It's is them. I feel exhausted and thrilled at the same time. I think the sales staff feel the same. Anyway, long story to say I'm not using 'brads' but I did find a nifty hole punch to make the holes to thread ribbon through. Hang on, I've got the packet here ... it's a 'leave it to weaver border punch' by fiskars!



They made the post on Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The invitations look SO good!! You've done such a wonderful job Emma.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign off on the last post! It was from me - Robyn! :)