Thursday, December 10, 2009

last weekend

I seem to start a lot of posts with "last weekend", but this was a fun one!  We went with 7 other families to spend the weekend at beautiful Merricks.  We awoke on our first morning to this.   

If you click on the photo you may just see the eagle hanging in the air above the large tree.



Later in the morning the boys, big and small, headed on to the lake while the mummies stood on the pier watching on proudly and somewhat relieved that there were no emergencies out there!



Having a ball.



Michelle organised the entire weekend away.  She is unbelievably organised and efficient and it's all done with a smile and calm!  I know it was quite a challenge to meet everyone's requirements and so, Shell, thank you from the bottom of my heart.



Tiggy made a new friend which was pretty special.  These two shared very similar, and quirky, interests and although they're both quite shy, managed to overcome it to befriend one another. 



And this little rat monkey beast sweetie (said through gritted teeth) decided being away was so exciting she would stay up until 11 something on the first night and 2am + the second and both mornings she woke at the usual time of 6.30am ready for the day.  I found it difficult to be her friend...

She redeemed herself, somewhat,by looking super cute in her new swimmers bought by Momo on her last trip to the States.  It was her first time wearing a bathing suit and her first time in the water at the beach.  She was completely unafraid and had a ball, grazed her knees without a whimper and scuttled all the way down the beach by herself - I followed but she didn't actually care about me at all!  Come to think of it the feeling was mutual as I peered through sleepless eyes and flumped my way after her, dutifully. 

Miraculously, I was able to tell her that I still loved her even though she was not my friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma - as always a lovely post and super super photos. And, I did see the eagle! xx Tena