Monday, March 7, 2011

girl time



In an act of complete indulgence and spontaneity Woo and I went to the salon and had our first shared pedi together. She sat on her own chair and read Harper's Bazaar (Can I cross my legs please Mummy?). When she tired of the mag she altered my massage chair - it still felt good. And then while my nails dried we painted hers the same colour as mine. She was completely adorable and behaved like a princess the whole time. It was a joy to be there with her. All the customers gushed as she chitter-chattered away to me and remembered all her beautiful manners to thank the staff for washing her hands and giving her a drink. They also laughed like mad as she walked around the salon with the toe dividers jammed between her tiny toes!

I'm almost cringing as I type because it sounds so inappropriate - she's two, for goodness sake - but I'll blame Woo's Aunty Floss and her grandmother Momo as they won't come with me. Or maybe I'll just hold my head up and be happy that I did something lovely for me today and was able to have my darling baby girl with me for the ride. Yes, much better.

My all your toes be as cheery as ours are.

1 comment:

Tena Walton said...

Oooohhh what fun! Great post and love your photo of Woo and also the ones she took for you!!!

xx