My fearless feisty little girl has a big week of activities this year. She has started at a little kindy-creche, which she loved the first day and waved me off. Wonderful, I thought, this will be perfect. Such a change from Tiggy's anxieties about leaving me. But by the time I returned I found a puffy eyed, tear-stained, over-tired and extremely worried little girl. So much for fearless and feisty.
Next up is tambourine time. It's not that great actually, same old Wiggles CD cranked out each week - yawn! But she loves it. I stay with her and that thrills her. Me ... not so much. It's not that I don't want to be with her it's just that the teacher is disengaged, the parents are too. Even the children are and often seem to just go through the motions. We had a super emergency teacher in a couple of weeks ago and there were bubbles (see above), scarves, ribbons, musical instruments and fun, fun, fun linked with song, dance and music including aboriginal, polka, classical or as Woo likes to call it, ba-yay (ballet) moosic), synthesiser. Fabulous. We'll try and swap next term.
She had a ball but then she has a ball no matter who's taking it, what music there is or how repetitive it is :)
Finally, we round out the week with a good old swim. Again she loves it. I sit on the sidelines, applauding her bravery and fluffing out my chest at how clever she is. Again she sleeps like a top!
The top and tail of the week are home days, preparing for the week ahead, recuperating from the week's activities and playing heartily either at home or out at friends. She knows how to kick up her heels, does Woo.
Thanks for popping by and I hope you pack in as much fun as Woo does today!
E x
The top and tail of the week are home days, preparing for the week ahead, recuperating from the week's activities and playing heartily either at home or out at friends. She knows how to kick up her heels, does Woo.
Thanks for popping by and I hope you pack in as much fun as Woo does today!
E x
1 comment:
Oooohhh what fabulous photos: she is just totally adorable x
Post a Comment