Friday, June 17, 2011

the old phone in the banana trick



Since Cyclone Yasi hit Queensland earlier this year bananas have been a rare and costly commodity.
They are currently around $13 per kilo, which is about four times their usual price.

Woo likes to eat bananas but usually manages about half of one before mangling the remainder. Very naughty I know. Anyway I think my remonstrations must have partially sunk in as rather than eating this golden treasure, ,I found her engaged in an extremely animated phone call ordering take-out for the family and some imaginary friends too. At one point she asked the caller to, "Wait a second!" and then "Mummy, what you 'yike'? A 'yatte'? Yes? Sugar? Okay!". This went on and on until everyones orders were placed. She was madly flicking through my recipe folder checking things off as she talked on the phone.


It was hilarious and I wish I'd recorded it.

I did later discover a banana with two pen holes right through it -grrrr - how did I know it was a pen that was the weapon?
Mmm, well it was the grossly slimy one lying right next to the banana!

Thanks for dropping in and I hope you have the chance to go completely bananas this weekend!
E x


Posted by Picasa

No comments: