Wednesday, June 15, 2011

winter bright


Winter is typically a little bleak in the garden. So we decided to bring a little colour to our porch.  And although it's been pretty cold lately, albeit mostly sunny during the day, these pretties are happiest like this.  


 I also found the macro setting on my point-and-shoot camera!!So in between laying new bluestone pavers I sat on my bottom steps and snapped away.


Tigs and Woo chose a plant each at the market last weekend.  They'd be the yellow polyanthus, which is ok,  and the purple pansy, which is just about tolerable but the two look awful together.   

   I won't lie, I struggle with it and these two stand out glaringly in my otherwise tranquil plantings. But I'm learning, as a mother, to relinquish control of the small things.  Well some of the small things.  Who knows I could even grow to like them!


And then there's this beauty.  It, and it's friends, look this beautiful at anytime of the year.

After a very chilly start to the day it's now beautiful.  The sun is blasting through the window and warming me to the core.

I hope that the sun is shining on you, wherever you may be!

E x

If you click on the images they should enlarge.

No comments: