A few weeks ago we had a magical trip away to beautiful Toora in Gippsland. It has to be one of the most lovely areas of Victoria. Green and lush and with such wildly varied landscapes, beach, flatlands, rolling hills and dense forests. So beautiful. We stayed with out lovely friends and although Tigs and I were pretty unwell for 24 hours we had a ball. Babies played in drawers. Big boys, bush-bashed, which is an Australian term for rambling through the bushland searching for interesting 'things'.
The tiny town of Toora even manages to have a skate ramp. I love that directly over the road is farm sheds and acres of land.
The locals have created a lovely dry river bed and the children made their own fun here for some time while the grown ups relaxed or took pics!
These two have a deepening love for one another. They can be terribly 'three' at times but also kind and gentle and fun loving. I love that as their language increases they have sweet little conversations with each other.
When we're out Tigs usually finds a stick. I know a lot of people don't like children playing with sticks but something about it reminds me of my Daddy who when we were out always looked for suitable thumbstick.
I'm sure Tigs and Daddy would have loved this kind of time together. In some ways so different and others so alike.
Back up at the 'farm'. Love that the old truck has found such a beautiful resting place.
And oh, the views are just breath taking.
I hope your outlook is as wonderful today too!
E x
1 comment:
sounds so dreamy. x
Post a Comment