On the first weekend of the school holidays we packed up and headed down to beautiful Merricks. You may already know just how much I love it on the Peninsula.
We camped with a wonderful group of friends. Well it's not really camping - not quite my style - more glamping, which made it much more comfortable. We all share a common thread in that we were all made families through intercountry adoption. What a happy, blessed and grateful bunch we are. I just love having all the children together. They see each other too infrequently these days as the Big Boys, who brought us all together, are now at school.
I barely saw my babies as they ran and played for two days straight.
Woo with her best buddy, JoJo.
Just before we left I managed to have a little walk on my own with Tigs and Woo. He was so protective of her on the little pier and really thought she'd jump on in - which in truth she may well have done!
Love the warrior spear, Tigs.
Woo discovered the joy of the monkey bars - it was hard to get her off actually :)
As we prepared to head for home Tigs became quite overcome with emotion that the trip was over and that his friends were gone again. So we decided to head to Flinders for a quick walk on the beach and a milkshake. In a case of splendid serendipity, as it turned out.
As we headed down the steps I noticed a familiar scene. In fact, it was as if a photograph suddenly came to life. I whispered to Greg that the three figures on the beach seemed so familiar to me for some reason. Then I realised I'd just spotted Kristi, from giggles down under, heading past me up the stairs and her lovely boys out on the rocks, where we were heading. Kristi takes the most beautiful photographs and has such a gentle way about her (as I discovered in person too) - I think you'd love to visit her blog ;)
Anyway, I know for sure that I've reached a "certain age" as I didn't think twice before introducing myself to her very sweet husband, who may well have thought me completely mad! We all had a very cold and blustery chat, where I know I talked too much and far too over excitedly. But hey-ho, I've officially reached 'that' age, haven't I?
What I didn't know was that poor Woo, apart from being completely ravenous, was actually coming down with some horrible bug, that is still haunting her tiny body. And Tigs was just plain over-exhausted.
Anyway, I wish I'd taken a pic of the crazy scene.
Especially, Kristi's gorgeous little boys and Tigs all in their matching BOAT tops.
Blogging is great for a whole host of reasons but our chance meeting made me realise that it can be even more surprising than I ever imagined.
May this week bring you something unexpectedly nice - and thanks for popping by.
E x
2 comments:
it was fun for me too. when we got in the car michael said, "i could hang out with them. i really liked that guy."
ps. sending well wishes to the wee one. x.
Great photos as usual, Emma -- thoroughly enjoyed reading everything xx
Post a Comment