Monday, February 28, 2011

tiggy's tea for two




I have a precious blue box. In it are samples of Montessori Materials. Things that I made during my training. Samples of dusting cloths, pouring activities, sorting beads, maths cards, high quality books, feeling bags, language materials amongst others. Tigs has been fascinated by this box and its contents since he was very tiny. Occasionally, I let him take it out to look at and use. I'm both proud and protective of the materials within it and this has filtered to Tigs. He knows that he must be careful and almost reverent about playing with them. Recently he asked to use it (always when Woo is asleep, as he knows I won't let her at it yet) and I agreed on the usual proviso that he be extraordinarily careful with it all.



I carried on with my jobs and later returned to find this little event set up, complete with place cards, teeny vases of freshly picked lavender buds and basil flowers and two arrowroot cookies - as you may remember  this picture of perfection did have a less than perfect hiccup in the middle, caused by me not Tigs.  He'd even filled a miniature jug with orange squash and had poured me a cup. I think perhaps I've read one too many Enid Blyton books to him!  



The care and the thought with which he'd set it all up made my heart ache to bursting. This boy will one day care for the woman who captures his heart in a most wonderful way. It is a real privilege to be his Mummy.



I hope that you are being as loved and cared for today and thank you for reading,

E x







1 comment:

Tena Walton said...

How cute is that. There's a little boy who obviously adores his
Mummy xx