All the gear...

...and no idea!

But I'm actually reasonably pleased with my very first attempt at 'proper' card making.
I have made cards for a long time now but mine have always been, well, a little unorthodox! I suppose there really isn't a wrong or right way but mine have usually been created on the computer. I tend to favour a more contemporary clean cut style usually, the more white the better in my book. They've always been nice, I think, and seem to have been received with pleasure.
My alter ego however, tends towards a pared back French Provincial influence. And in spite of my best efforts, with the assistance of my trusty laptop, I always knew that there was another way to make cards. The 'proper way'. But I've had absolutely no clue as to how to go about it. That was until one of my most favourite bloggers recently offered me, and her other readers, some indispensable advice - the essentials of card making. Carly utilises a wide range of techniques and tools in her magnificent and drool-worthy studio . She has a great talent, an eye for detail and a clean and simple style that I love.
Her cards are really very lovely.
So as a result of Carly's fab video I had a little shop yesterday, and then a play with my new toys while Woo napped.
...and no idea!
But I'm actually reasonably pleased with my very first attempt at 'proper' card making.
I have made cards for a long time now but mine have always been, well, a little unorthodox! I suppose there really isn't a wrong or right way but mine have usually been created on the computer. I tend to favour a more contemporary clean cut style usually, the more white the better in my book. They've always been nice, I think, and seem to have been received with pleasure.
My alter ego however, tends towards a pared back French Provincial influence. And in spite of my best efforts, with the assistance of my trusty laptop, I always knew that there was another way to make cards. The 'proper way'. But I've had absolutely no clue as to how to go about it. That was until one of my most favourite bloggers recently offered me, and her other readers, some indispensable advice - the essentials of card making. Carly utilises a wide range of techniques and tools in her magnificent and drool-worthy studio . She has a great talent, an eye for detail and a clean and simple style that I love.
Her cards are really very lovely.
So as a result of Carly's fab video I had a little shop yesterday, and then a play with my new toys while Woo napped.
I'm not really sure what the pros do with their cards. Perhaps they're never sent and are kept as works of art. However, I figured that any of my attempts, particularly if they're nice, should be sent out. This card went to my darling sister Flossy, who is the most extraordinary friend and inspiration to me.
I hope you have a super weekend and that you have some happy mail in your postbox!
Thanks for visiting,
E x
1 comment:
Oh WOW Emma your card is absolutely lovely!! I love the beautiful soft colour combo and the layout design is just perfect! Thank you so much for all your lovely and kind word *blush*, you are too sweet! Hope you are having a super fabulous weekend!
Post a Comment