Saturday was one of those perfect days. The sort where the sky is vast and glorious and the sun is warm, but the air crisp. The sort that feels so magical. I don't know why, but when I'm alone on those kind of days I feel like crying. Somehow I feel uplifted, but so small in the universe that I weep. Fortunately this Saturday I had the company of my family to enable me to fully enjoy the glory of the day. As you can see it was a day not to be wasted. Just look at the sky and our beautiful city skyline in the distance.
We headed to the beach for breakfast and a play on the wooden boat park, kicking swimming lessons to the curb. I wanted to relish the day together and not be bogged down with the schedule. Tigs had been unwell for much of the week and had even missed a few days of school, so I was not too fussed about him swimming.
As you can see he was flat out enjoying the winter rays too. In fact he was 'dead' on the ground. His games lately, are so wildly imaginative.
Tigs climbed ...
...and Woo followed. She's taken to parroting him, including every stance , hand gesture, inflection. It's very funny. She managed to have plenty of fun in spite of the fact that she is now falling prey to Tiggy's lurgy.
What a day.
This Saturday also marked twenty (yes twenty) years since my love and I first met.
We haven't had the chance to hang out together much lately.
It was a lovely way to celebrate, simply and together as a family.
1 comment:
Aw, Emma -- such a lovely post and fabulous photos: thank you xx
Post a Comment