Love this gingham - not sure what it's for yet. It has a very feint metallic thread running through it and I love it. I wish I still wore skirts, as i think it would be so sweet with a white tee and some really cute burnished silver sandals ...I may have to add some detachable kneepads though. My baby just will not get walking it seems, however, she wants to play with Tiggy outside all the time and her poor little knees look so sore. Funnily enough I was given some sweet little padded kneepads by my Korean friend when Tigs was little, although he walked under 11 months so he really didn't wear them. Now where did I put them?
More bags & bibs & hearts & another excuse to have more fabric. I really like coral in summer, it sets off any skin tone well and works back with anything from white to denim to grey and all the neutrals. Not sure that any of these will be worn by me but they'll definitely be around me! I really love oversized florals (and dainty ones too)- Colefax & Fowler and Laura Ashley are always in my head, but I've managed to rein them in as I've grown up and leave them in my head rather than on every surface in my life! In my 20's I lived in a world of cabbage roses and (possibly too many) Laura Ashley tea-dresses (with my beloved Dr Marten's), count back it was the 80's!

ribbons for bows
It's been a vertiable workshop around here with plans to finally share some of my 'things' with others. I'll post some here to document but at this stage I'm far too shy to go out to the big wide world and will keep it all close to home. I'd love to know what you think though.
It's a glorious day today - 24C - I'm packing to head to the bush for the week.
Toodles x



1 comment:
Oh I am so impressed by your talents - how clever you are. Have you ever quilted? I've done some nut not since we moved back to England (not enough space in small (though lovely) cottage. If you are interested in quilting please do google a very dear Australian friend - Jenny Bowker - her work is outstanding. x
Post a Comment