Sunday, September 6, 2009

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day Sweetie!
I'm so happy that we have our children and that you are their Daddy. What a special one - our first with both of our precious children. And what a challenging decade or so, to bring them into our lives, but worth it over and over for the joy it brings to me seeing you as the Daddy I always dreamed you'd be. Okay, that makes you out to be perfect, & as we all know perfection is not possible. If only you could handle changing the nappies!!

Tigs was so excited to give Greg the Father's Day presents he made at creche. We've been on a 'sleeps' countdown since Wednesday! I asked him if he'd like to buy something for his Daddy and I received, at once, an aghast and questioning look as he told me, "But I've already made him his present". In a world where acquisition and possessions can become overwhelming I was quietly pleased and proud that he was satisfied without having to make a grand or expensive gesture. I think Greg was perfectly happy too. And the greatest accomplishment of all was that Tigs managed to keep a secret for 4 days!! The first time. My boy's growing up.

No comments: