Look at this little sweetheart who has come to live with me!!! And she was way less than a sixpence. She was FREE to a loving home. Well, actually to any home.
She was this () close to being put out in the hard rubbish!
Don't worry you're safe with me, now.
She belonged to my dear friend who, close your ears dear machine,
I can't believe this for a minute, did not want her.
Gasp indeed!
She's not in working order at the moment, but may, in time, be put to rights. Bless her. I'd love to know a little more about her. Anyone know where I can find some more information? This is the same sort of machine I learned to sew on when I was at Boarding School. First sewing straight lines on newspaper (don't say anything but Flossy didn't graduate past this stage - shh now, she'd be mortified if she knew I'd told - well she reads here from time to time so I guess she'll find out! Hi Floss).
We then moved onto making our science kit bag, much like all the pencil-rolls out in blogland. I wonder where that bag went. And then onto our DS (Domestic Science) aprons.
How quaint and English it all was. It was SO long ago though and I imagine I'm wearing my rose tinted glasses. No it actually was as lovely as an Enid Blyton novel. I did love my old school.


1 comment:
Oh Em what a beautiful piece of furniture you have in that old sewing machine.I wonder what lovely things have been created on that machine, somebody's history, years of creation lovingly pieced together. I hope you can get it working to put together your lovely creations and begin your own history on this beautiful machine.
Come on now no domestics about the wall.I shouldn't say this but my hubby has to hang a mere screw from the garage ceiling with a string and piece of metal to guide me in to park the car, still not done.Hence I have driven the car into the freezer/cupboard and just recently smashed the plaster wall and drove nearly into the laundry and still no hanging a cord with metal on the end as a guide.Oh well creating more work for himself.
Love Lis x
Post a Comment