They rarely have the chance to see each other now they're both at school so we arranged a play date with some of his old playgroup buddies. It was special to see them pick up where they left off (a good many months ago) and enjoy each others company. When the rest of the group had to leave we headed to the beach and the Tigs and his friend played for a looong time. It was chilly, but that didn't faze them.
As I chatted happily with Lisa my mind turned to another wonderful visit I'd had here a few three years ago - almost to the very day - with my friend Kylie and Josh and 'Ony.
A golden day, impromptu, free, fun. The weather was glorious, a chill wind combined with the warm sun on our backs and an amber sunset. Happy, happy, carefree children playing in their undies! A day that won't be forgotten. I still miss Kylie, too often.
We started to walk back, me knowing that this too was a day to remember. And then my phone rang ... "Number withheld". Odd.
Notice the clothes on the wall?
Clear as a bell, straight from Abu Dhabi - Kylie!!! Coincidence? Serendipity? Providence? Putting out into the universe - -as Kylie would say? I'd say so. It only took a couple of words for her to remember the perfect day we'd had in this very spot.
Not quite 3 years old
Greg arrived with an armful of dry fluffy towels to wrap the frozen happy babies up!
As Tigs and I drove home we reminisced about Kylie, Josh and 'Ony.
"Oh dear, oh dear, I miss Kylie, Tiggy". I cried.
"And I miss Joshy & 'Ony", sighed Tigs.
Thank heavens they'll be back to visit soon.
For you Kylie - X






No comments:
Post a Comment