We had a day off school yesterday - and today! Both Tigs and I are revelling in it. He only swapped jim-jams for clothes because Jess came over. I suspect he'll not bother at all today. We love jammie days.
The perfect chance to sloth around and sew, the sewing being a completely luxurious activity on a lazy day! I made the covers on the left quite some time ago. Maybe a couple of years now. They were always a little baggy, which was fine and gave the very structured sofa a more worn in and relaxed feel, or so I told myself anyway.
At the beginning of summer I bought this beautiful creamy white wool/rayon (I think) at an end of winter sale. I knew it would have to sit out the summer until it became something other than fabric! It feels so soft and snugly and I just loved the selvedge too much to hide it away as a hem so it forms the hem and has now become the front of the cushion! I don't think you can see the super gentle herringbone pattern that is woven into the fabric. The fabric could prove to be a complete disaster with the children and it may even pill - perish the thought - so they could change again quite soon, but in the meantime I'm loving their calm, crisp, cosy wintry feel. There are 4 other cushions around here that are about to receive the same treatment...
The perfect accompaniment to a happy, no-school jammie day. Tigs is their biggest fan!

No comments:
Post a Comment