I've long admired these beautiful linen hot water bottle covers that Kris makes. Tigs always likes to take one to bed. Woo on the other hand is always quite warm but wanted one too. I have usually had to sneak Tiggy's in to his bed as we only had one in the house! Crazy I know as they are one of the most cost effective and quaint ways to warm chilly feet and to take the edge off the cold between the sheets in winter!
So this year while we were away I finally got around to making them. Both of my children love to take an armful of snuggly critters to bed with them each night. Their essentials are the North American Bear Company Baby Cozies that they have both had in their cots since they first made it into our arms.
Woo has this one and this is Tiggy's. Adorable, soft, snugglies. And so I used their precious friends as inspiration for their covers.
I used ultra-velour for their bodies and on the backs of the covers to give the soft and feely quality they love and the linen to appeal to my aesthetic!

2 comments:
I love them Emma! How special to make them with a replica of their cozies on them. Zoe is still taking 4 cozies to bed. They all have to be with her, but she only strokes the ears of her pink bunny ones when she's going to sleep :)
They're gorgeous. I bet your children will become very attached. Our heating has broken down this week so our hotties are getting a big workout. I took two to bed last night. No, make that three if I include my husband!
Post a Comment