Sunday, August 14, 2011

woo hoo




Oh, wow!  Always appreciative. 
My clever friend made Woo the most lovely present. 
 I'll show you another day!



Time to eat.  I'm sure it's just  me but I always think I've captured more of an event than I actually have.  There were scrumptious little crustless sandwiches &  Korean snack foods  - Pockys, Corn Claws, Peach Aloe Drink in tiny bottles, that didn't end up making it to 'film'.  Nevermind.  I think you get the  picture.  Cute.  Pretty. Pink!


Teeny, tiny cupcakes.


The birthday cake.  Honey joys and big cupcakes. 
Super, super easy to bake and I think they look so sweet piled up on the stand. 
Plus the cupcake 'cake' reduces the spray effect, and thereby the spread of winter lurgies,
when it came time to blow out the candles.   



Dear little friends


Just the perfect sized bottles. 

I know you can buy these gorgeous little vessels online now.  But I can let you in on a little tip.  Go to your local Italian delicatessen.  Purchase a six-pack of apricot nectar.  Share the nectar with your family.  Wash out the bottles and there you have it. A cute set of bottles plus a yummy drink. It seems like madness to me to buy the empty bottles for more than the cost of them full!! 

Ok, that was the practical, sensible, thrify me speaking.  The ridiculous, attention-to-detail-at-any-cost me told me to purchase 25 super-cute paper straws for $8 online.  Actually it's now $10 for 24!  Hey-ho.


Some more of the decs



And here's to my baby girl.  I hope you have a wonderful year being 3!

2 comments:

Tena Walton said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous: you're a very clever mummy and she's a very lucky little girl xx

Lisa said...

Hope you had a beautfil day Hannie.
Love the drinking bottles and straws. Love the butterfly theme. lis x
Em maybe a future in decorating for childrens parties?? x