Thursday, August 27, 2009

out of the mouths of babes

Two things to share.

First
Tiggy: (watching The Little Mermaid) “Mummy why did the blah blah blah blah blah?”
Me: (clearly only mildly focusing while preparing supper) “Mmmm-es?” (Obviously some vague combined, “Mmm? Yes?”
Tiggy: “Why did you say Mmmm-es?”
Me: “What are you talking about Tigs?”
Tiggy: “I asked you a question. Why did you say Mmmm-es instead of 'Yes my Darling?'”
Me: Silently, folding myself in two, falling apart laughing at my sweet boy. "Sorry. Yes my Darling?"
Tiggy: Smiled sweetly, "Thank you for that Mummy".
Me: My heart exploding with love and gratitude for my precious son.

Second
My boy can talk, and talk. And talk! After a particularly long-winded conversation he looked up at me and asked, "Do I have 'oval' diarrhoea again?". Of course he meant 'verbal'. He always muddles these sorts of sayings up and I will endeavour to post them here to remind myself and to give you a giggle once in a while.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Thanks for the giggle Emma and Tiggy! Isn't that first story just so precious! It made me laugh out loud. Very, very sweet.
Anita