New pad and new 'skin tints' pastels from Art Shed. Doesn't look it, but he was THRILLED to bits with these. Especially as last time we went to the art suppliers he behaved, let's say, not at his best, and was taken home empty handed with a rather cross mummy.
the collection on display
gwen tennyson - a bargain at 10 centsBabcia was delighted to be the first buyer at Tiggy's inaugural art auction. She bid on 'Gwen', against me, but I managed to push the price up to a whole dollar! Tiggy was SO happy. He was also glad to be able to do the skin colour properly (matched to my skin!) with the skin tone pastels. It also flows on from the topic at creche of how people are the same and how they differ.
I have to say I'm quite pleased that this collection stayed in the house as he has been known to prepare pieces that he considers worthy of display in the Melbourne museum, no less! We are members and go every couple of weeks, so he feels like it's 'his' museum - clearly. At one stage I had to go through the palaver of speaking to someone at the museum to find out what they could do about it. Tigs watched me to make sure I didn't 'pretend'! They were incredibly kind and complimentary about his piece and explained about the enormous collections they have and how they can't display everything so it would probably be better to display it at home. Very sweet of them.
Thankfully, eventually, it slipped his mind and slipped on into the recycling. I feel bad, but honestly, he's prolific and there are only so many box constructions and 'carations' ('creations' in Tigs speak!) that a mother can tolerate.



No comments:
Post a Comment