Wednesday, August 10, 2011

3


My precious girl.
Just look at her.  I know she's mine and I'm supposed to love her more than words can say.  But she's such a joy and so sweet and fun and wild and clever and chatty. And so completely lovable.  It's almost embarrassing the amount of attention she gets when we're out and about. 
And if you haven't met her let me assure you she'd sweep you off your feet too.


Tigs is careful and considered with his present opening  and very sweetly always opens the card first and thanks the giver.  Not so Woo.  She's just in there and at 'em.  All presents were ripped asunder within a minute or two.  Only this little scene remained intact for a while.  Tigs spent an age 'setting the scene' the evening before her birthday.  He wnated her to be able to play with something immediately.  The house they live in took some time to put up.  Not quite sure there's enough room for two on the sofa though :)


I mean look at that hair. 
 It is always in her face and sticking up at all angles and
it just makes my heart melt into a little pool more and more each day.


Her birthday fell on a Friday which meant it was a bit of a non-event.  Greg was at work all day, Tigs at school and I had to go to work in the evening.  In fact as Greg walked in the door I plonked my paltry effort of a cake on the table.  We sang, she huffed and puffed, I cut, we ate and I left.  And just look at her smile.  Did she care?  Not a jot.  My happy, appreciative, easily pleased little one.


Tomorrow we are having a little party for Woo and 5 little friends.  Tigs will stay home from school to share in the fun and is going to be the co-host of the day.  I um'ed and ah'ed all evening about whether to send him to school or not.  So I took my mum's suggestion to flip a coin.  Heads it was! With a healthy whack of inspiration from the most perfectly pretty party I've seen in a while we will celebrate tomorrow.

Happy, happy 3rd birthday my darling girl.  I love you to the moon and back. 
You fill my days with happiness - ok and sometimes a little frustration ;)
 Love Mummy
x

3 comments:

Carly said...

Oh she is so adorable! I loved when my girls reached 3, it was truly a magical age (of course I'm in awe of 4 too. :-)) And I just love the scene she set with her Calico Critters, we have that same set and those toys bring hours of fun. Enjoy the party and I can't wait to see the pics! Hugs, Carly

Robyn said...

Hard to believe our girls are three already isn't it??

Woo looks like such a wonderful little girl. I'm looking forward to her and Zoe playing together in about 6 weeks!

Can't wait to see the pics from her party. You do such a great job with your kids birthdays Emma.

Tena Walton said...

You are such an amazing mummy, Emma: your two are so lucky to have you xx